Tuesday, March 22, 2011

oh. my. goodness.

As opposed to oh my gosh.

Which came out of my three year olds mouth over the weekend.

Scott and I looked at each other, disturbed by it. Where would he pick that up?
Yikes, we did not like the way it sounded coming from our boy.

We set to work on correcting. Oh my goodness was better. And we've corrected and disciplined all weekend in order to remove "oh my gosh" from our home.

Until I realized it was ME that says it.

Double yikes.

Henry looked at me sternly yesterday "NO mommy, No oh my gosh-time out!"

I had to laugh, and apologize for my mistake and explain that grown-ups have to watch their mouths too. (oh boy, do we...)

Yesterday I walked outside to check on them and see what they were up to.

OH. MY. GOODNESS.

















Even cute with mud in his eye.









I love how he loves his brother. Even if it means getting his brother muddy from head to toe. ;)











I came inside for a minute, came back to strip them down for tubby and saw this.



Henry's cackling laugh implied big time guilt, but from the previous pictures, it could completely have been self inflicted.



Either way, DISGUSTING.



And a bubble bath at 1 in the afternoon was absolutely necessary.







And enjoyed.

3 comments:

Barbie said...

I remember the Oh My Gosh phase. I wasn't a fan either. Funny, now she corrects the neighbor kids. Muddy messes are a blessing and a curse. Love the entertainment, not so much the clean up.

molly june. said...

oh my goodness! :) haa. too funny. henry looks SO much like scott in these pics. never thought that before. heh. audrey broke out an "oh, dangit!" the other day in front of tim. and then in front of my MIL. oh wheeeere did she get that from? beats me. ;)

Jamie said...

oh.my.goodness. this is oh so random and hopefully not too weird. i found your cool blog from your friend's cool blog 'band of brothers' particulary her birthday post where she is wearing the flower band you made for her. i promise i am not a weirdo and i love jesus and i just happen to love your handmade flower band too. Would you be interested in making one for me a complete stranger but blogger just like you who has a love for all things pretty and fashionable? if you're at all interested i would be happy to purchase one from you :) i will leave you my email for you just in case-

jamgodsgirl@yahoo.com

xo, jamie