Wednesday, June 08, 2011

one of our favorite things.

BRINNER!

My mother-in-law said she always cooked breakfast for dinner on rainy days. For a long time I kept that tradition up. Because I looove traditions. Especially such delicious traditions such as pancakes for dinner. But lately it has become a favorite go to dinner. Because it's easy. And yummy. And I can hide so much nutrition in breakfast.









I'm sort of obsessed with making pancakes from scratch. Last night's batter?
Whole wheat. With loads of flax seed. I use a lot of vanilla and almond extract and usually add a good sprinkle of cinnamon. yummmmmm.

I love to surprise them with stuff in their pancakes. Bananas? Sprinkles? Occasional chocolate chip? Yesssss Pleeassseeeeee!













Every time I complain that Scott won't take a picture for me he protests (rather loudly) "I POSED WITH A TEPEE!". 'Nough said babe.





It never gets old. :)

9 comments:

.jimaie.marie. said...

Mmm, we love breakfast for dinner! AND sprinkles on our pancakes! I originally started making them for the boys birthdays and on Christmas morning (green & red sprinkles!) but every once an awhile they request "party pancakes" and who am I to say no to THAT!? haha!
p.s. I LOVE your green kitchen chairs!

Rachael said...

What a great tradition! I'm gonna start doing this too.
Thanks for the idea. Your brinner looks super yum.

Barbie said...

We love brinner around here too! Your windows??? Are you painting? Gosh, I haven't been to your house in ages!

Becca said...

Love it! We do this way more often than just rainy days! ;)

bandofbrothers said...

hahaha, LOL about scott's teepee comment. too funny.

Lindsey Woodland said...

the teepee picture is amazing!!! You all make quite the good looking family : )

Anonymous said...

Soooo...I'm currently eating real dinner, but wishing I had some french toast instead...THANKS! :) We never eat breakfast for dinner, maybe when we have kids?

misguidedmommy said...

i wasn't sure if you had an iphone 4 or not but i saw of this and thought of you, if you search robot sooo much cute stuff pops up
http://www.zazzle.com/robot_love_hers_iphone4_case_for_couples_speckcase-176824833165547015

Lea said...

LOL! But I posed with a teepee! That is hilarious! I love breakfast for dinner! It is super easy and why is breakfast food so yummy?!