Scotts life long friend Stacia lives there, and has for twelve years now, since she went away to college. Scott and Stacia grew up around the corner from each other. They went to school together. Church together. Car pooled to high school together. Went to prom(s?) together. Friends through thick and thin. And then there were those couple of months they "dated" long distance only to realize what they'd known all along, that they were just meant to be best friends. I love to tease that we had Scott's ex-girlfriend in our wedding, but really, we just couldn't have NOT had her apart of our wedding, and our lives.
We flew north to see her marry her best friend Erich, three and half years ago. I'd like to think thats when I stole her from Scott. ;) (You may remember Stacia as my diaper bag godmother, bestowing on me the greatest diaper bag on the planet.) They are some of our dearest, sweetest friends, whom we both cherish.
Our first day playing in the land of rain (which, sadly, we had none of while were there) Stacia took us to Gasworks park. The view was spectacular! She pointed out the Sleepless in Seattle house. I took pictures. (heck, I took a LOT of pictures)
It was just so gorgeous.











On to the troll...


One of many pictures shot out of car windows ;)

The day ended with meeting up with Erich after he got off work, some furniture shopping and a seriously yummy dinner.

Saturday we spent the whole day with my family while I shot my cousins wedding.

We didn't have any fun with our big crazy family ;)

After family brunch on Sunday afternoon we joined back up with Erich and Stacia for some more shopping and dinner.





Over dinner we kept talking about that thing we kept joking about doing. That thing that we had attempted right before dinner but the place was closing. And it's too bad. Cause I had, at that point, talked myself into it.


So off we drove in search of cupcakes.



We drove by another one of those places.
They were open. {gulp} I had definitely lost my nerve. Thankfully they were booked up. They called their sister store. They had availability. I started to shake a little bit.

A couple hours later, we did it. We headed home, with our wrists wrapped and a box full of cupcakes to ease the pain ;)



Such a hilarious way to end our trip. Such a memory. Oh man. I love that memory. I love that we did it together.
Basically I just loved it all. Stacia, Erich, I love you guys. Thanks a million.

(and so NO, not a third baby, just three birds ;)
{And for inquiring minds, it was something I had thought about for a long time. No, there isn't really any specific significance, other than I like birds. And it wouldn't hurt very much ;) For now I can say it sorta represents for my three men. And one of my favorite hymns, His Eye is on the Sparrow. And the trinity. But maybe, just maybe, we'll have another baby and then I can say they stand for my three birds. and if we have a fourth (right now Scott is rolling his eyes) then I guess I just have to go and add another. But for right now, it's just some birds that make me smile every time I look at them}
14 comments:
Yay, Yay, Yay!
Love you! Love the birds! Love Scott! Loved having you here! Love the pics!
Let's do it again sometime. ;)
Hugs!
This really REALLY makes me want to visit Seattle now...even more than I already wanted to!! (You know, because "Seattle Grace" is there, right?! ;-) And I, too, LOVE the rain! Bummer you didn't have any...and bummer we were all wrong about your "3 birds"! :)
Is it bad if I think that tattoo is better than a 3rd baby? You can add a baby at any time, and I just LOVE that tattoo : ) I like unique stuff, and I haven't seen that before. Bravo for you!
you're gutsy. Way gutsy. No way in heck I would have done that. I'm the worlds biggest whimp.
love all the pics! so glad you had a good time...we were in Portland the same weekend for a wedding and i think the northwest is calling my name. it's time to move back to my roots....lets find some houses close okay?
WOW! Those photos are amazing! They're not only profesh, they span such a range of fun and artsy and gorgeous.
ahhh, these vacation pictures are so fantastic, Lorie!! I'm so glad you've posted them, because I have loved every single one. (I'm also extrememly jealous of your without-kids trip to such beautiful places too, but we won't go into that ;)) Really though, I'm so thrilled you and Scott got to have this time together and enjoy so many wonderful sights and people. And I love love LOVE your tattoo!! it's perfect for you, just perfect. I've always thought that if I got a tattoo it would be something with birds. for now though, I'll just admire yours. hehe
ps. I want your clothes. all of them. :) gah, you're so cute!
Agghhhhhh I just wrote a big ol comment and it got refreshed and deleted. I am crying. This is the jist of what I said.
Cupcake Royale's lavendar cupcake = so much yum.
Put a bird on it.
The first photo is MAGNIFICENT.
I love your face.
Hi! Just catching up on your blog and noticed you were un my 'hood!!!! I'm glad you loved it here. It's raining today so you just missed it ;) great pics and cute tattoo
Love the birds! Super cute
OHHHHH!!! I love that you love our second home! Seattle is THE best! One day we will be {back} up there!
Stacia looks fantastic...so fun to see her! So glad to see the fun you had!!!
Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time! Oooh those photos are beautiful! I'm LOVING all of those clouds! So, so pretty! Oh, and that was some funny, random graffiti! And that troll is too much fun! What a great tattoo story/memory! The birds turned out cute!
p.s. I don't think I've told you yet but I love your header! And your dress!
I don't know if you could make my heart hurt much more. Seeing that amazing girl up north and het hubby. then so see the Family I cherish so much dancing an having a blast... tears of joy for them, and sadness to not be able to be apart of it. Thanks for sharing sis! Love you!!
Seriously, WHERE do you get your adorable tops?!?! Love that you had the guts to do the tattoo.... thought about it many times, but can't pull the trigger. Loved seeing Vancouver/Seattle through your eyes!
Post a Comment