
Ben woke up last Saturday morning acting not himself (which didn't really surprise me after our disastrous trip to Dland earlier in the week, which I didn't blog about yet. I kinda figured you'd all hate me if I posted how often we go to the Happiest Place on Earth. But our trip last week was most definitely NOT our greatest trip. But that's another post for another time. Maybe.) Back to what I was saying.

He woke up in a funk. He was lethargic, and acting feverish, even though he didn't actually have a fever. I had approximately two hours before I had to be out the door to the wedding I was shooting and so I crawled in bed with him and soaked up every last minute I could before I had to get ready. We laid there in our jammies watching Yo Gabba Gabba (which is his favorite show and the only one that he'll really actually watch from start to finish).

And all of a sudden I was hit with deja vu.

And my brain flicked back to these pictures.


The age. The jammies (I heart hand-me-downs). The nearly identical sippy cup. I couldn't have planned it better had I tried. I grabbed my camera and snapped away, soaking up these sweet rare moments with my BenBoy.




It didn't take long for big brother to find us out and join the gabba fun.

How blessed am I, that these mini men, are mine? If only for a little while.
What a joy, a privilege, an overwhelming responsibility.
2 comments:
you - along with several other factors - and your boys make me want another boy this time. :)
ah, this is the sweetest. you are the sweetest. and that boy of yours (well both!) are the darn cutest. ben is SO BIG! do i keep saying that? well he is. and i can't get over it! what a stud.
Post a Comment