Sunday, October 09, 2011

things I feel like I just need to say

Dear Joesph Gordon-Levitt.



I've adored you since the 3rd Rock from the Sun days.
And the first time I watched you in 500 days of Summer I liked you again.
But the more times I watch it, the less I like you. Seriously. Man up in that movie.
Maybe I should just stop watching it to salvage our relationship.


Dear Mentalist,



It's not you. It's me. Well, maybe it's just you. You're finale killed it. Seriously. I couldn't sit still. I had to stand through the suspenseful last 30 minutes. But your series premiere? Disappointment. A die hard fan might stick it out a few more episodes. But I think I'm over you, and there's just no coming back. Although that smirky Simon Baker is all kinds of adorable.


Dear 2 Broke Girls,



YOU are funny. And while the laugh track is annoying, the plot a little silly, (and while I will love cupcakes until my dying breath) starting a cupcake business seems a little 2009.


Dear Leslie Knope,



I'm sorry it took me so long to see the gem that you are. Or how annoyed I was that you even got a second season, I take it all back. Thanks be to the peeps in the biz who saw your potential. Because your second season killed me. And I'm hooked on the third. Can you run for president? Or be Stephen Colbert's running mate? Cause that would sort of be awesome. Knope 2012.


Dear Parenthood,



I heart you. And at the same time, grovel over you. I both look forward to you, and cringe at you. I'm not sure where that leaves us. But I keep tuning in. And hoping that Sarah doesn't screw it up with Mr. Cyr again, even though, lets be real, she will. And Adam and Crosby in business together? Puh-Leease. And whatsherface asking to buy the coffee girls baby? Tone down the crazy okay? Buuuuut I just can't stop watching.


lastly

Dearest Downton Abbey,



You, my sweet, are perfection. I love thee. And Maggie Smith, you're my favorite.



For always.
Amen.

forgive the wonky inconsistent pic sizes...I got laaaazy.

7 comments:

Ashley said...

I too heart Downton Abbey :)
Season 2 in January!!

MEGAN said...

I scoffed at Parks & Rec too in the beginning, but now, Les is like my bestie, Ron, Andy, April, Chris, ahhh, I can't get enough!

Leanna said...

I love Downton Abbey and it's killing me it's taken so long for a second season!

Anonymous said...

Yay, I loooooove Parks n Rec & Parenthood :)

Becca said...

I too was a little disappointed with the mentalist but am still addicted! What is this Downtown Abbey you speak of? I must check it out!

bandofbrothers said...

i don't have much to say, because i don't have tv.

but.

i did watch 500 days of summer. and agree 100% that he needs to man up. most depressing.movie.ever.

but in his defense, Summer was eviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil.

The Norvells said...

500 days of sumer is one of my all time favorites. No manning up needed...and he's even more delish in Inception.