Tuesday, November 29, 2011

the stuff of dreams.

They bought tickets months ago.
Before their wee little babe was even born.
It would be the first time I would look into the eyes of my brothers child.
Hold him, love him, know him.
I could hardly contain my excitement, the weeks leading up to it.
And then, my hearts desire being poured out over the phone.
I could not believe it to be true.
It was to to to good.

My husband boarded a plane, with a one way ticket.
His suitcase full of fuji instax film and a list of sights to see.
He spent the next three days driving back home with my brother.
I could not have been happier.
And while boys are not much with words, I could tell from both of them that it was an absolute adventure of a road trip. Or what I termed "bro'd trip". Much to the dismay of them both ;)

A few days later, as scheduled, my sister arrived on airplane with her parents and my new oh-so-perfect little nephew.

We celebrated Thanksgiving. Though not the most ideal week, last minute cancellations of beach trips because of sick kids, and urgent care runs with sicker kids, we got to be together. I got to feed my little Wyatt. Smell his newborn smell, drink in his little features and his sweet being. He even humored his auntie with a little snooze on my chest. Heaven I tell you.

And before we knew it, the week was over.
But instead of mourning the good-bye, we instead, are celebrating a whole new hello.

You see, it wasn't just a little road trip.
It wasn't just the originally planned flight out for Thanksgiving.
When Jillian's parents boarded their plane on Monday, David and Jillian and little Wyatt were not on the flight.

In a matter of just a few weeks, their little Thanksgiving vacation became a God-directed move back home. I'm still sort of in awe of how quickly it came together. I'm still sort of in denial that Jill is a 10 minute drive away, instead of hours upon hours. And while they might not be here forever, they are here now. And so for now, I will rejoice.

This morning, still in our jammies, we loaded our boys in my car and drove through starbucks for our first red cups together this year (thank you Stacia!). We sat in my home and talked about nursery decor, how to parent your children. We talked spit up and legos and even attempted a craft. We had lunch and then we drove them back home. As we pulled away, Henry tearfully said "I miss Auntie Jill and baby Wyatt".

Yes, my dear boy, I do too.
But we can see them again tomorrow.

Thank you Lord, for you are good.
Your mercies are new every morning.
All I have needed, your hand has provided.
Great is your faithfulness, Lord.
And may you receive all glory and praise.













9 comments:

Stephanie said...

1. Your home is beautiful! Beautiful.

2. This brought a tear to my eye because it is such a dream. How I long to be near a sibling and their precious children. ENJOY!

Talia said...

Lorie, that's AWESOME. I'm SO happy for you!! getting to have siblings near is an amazing wonderful thing. Praise God for His goodness. and yay for sister/nephew/cousin time and practically being neighbors after being miles apart. seriously. SO happy for you!! :)

MEGAN said...

Amen!

mrs schienbein said...

Yay! What a rad gift. :)

Now to plan a coordinated joint move for the Chamblesses AND the Andersons up to the PacNW.

Ready? Go.

molly june. said...

YESSSS!!! so awesome. i could just see your happy face now :) YAY for you. YAY for cousins. YAY for brothers & sisters being close.

now to meet baby eden :) we already hit dland with her. and i missed you guys there! soon, friend. soon!

Anonymous said...

Your living room always looks so nice and cozy, I want to hang out in it OK!? :)

carol grams said...

Yes! Wonderful! I too have to just keep praising our Lord!
His faithfulness! Who would have thought!

Barbie said...

Ah, how exciting! Baby Wyatt is adorable!

The Norvells said...

Wow...had no idea that they had moved back, but so excited for all of the Andersons to be together again. What a special family you guys are! It is evident that you guys are all happy and relieved to be back in the same state. So glad for you, although I will miss impromptu visits from the Anderson clan. Best of luck to you all together!