It was a long distance number. From Bend, Oregon.
No. It couldn't be? My heart beating at the possibility.
I let it go to voicemail.
I waited for the chime, held my breath and pressed play, a smile creeping across my face.
Summers good friends (some of whom I met in January and had just become engaged just a week before now) wanted me for their wedding. In Oregon. In three weeks. Was that a possibility?
Um. Yes.
I was so thankful that it was spring break. That my mom and Scotts mom could tag team the boys so that this time, when I flew to the land of green hills and erratic rainy weather, I'd have my partner in crime.
The wedding was incredibly lovely and inspiring, the bride glowing, the groom smiling incessantly, the officiant dashing and eloquent. ;) Both families were completely warm and welcoming and accepting and inclusive. My handful of newer Oregon friends were hilarious and sweet and wonderful. But my favorite part really was the time with Scott. It is completely evident to me how God-directed our weekend was. His timing, as always, perfect. We so needed that time. To reconnect. To laugh. To explore. To remove ourselves temporarily from the daily grind that was wearing on us both. To rekindle our friendship. To love. To laugh some more.
Plenty of wedding pictures to come, but for now, just the instagrams I took.


Slappy Cakes! Seriously YUM. And seriously? Brunch with Ashley and nary a picture of the two of us? Too bad there wasn't a photographer amongst us to take one. We FAIL. BUT so good to catch up and share pancakes.

I'm not sure how I'll ever readjust to driving my honda. A rental Buick Enclave? With seat warmers? And windshield wipers you can't even hear? And leather? And new car smell? Gah. LOVE. I miss my warm butt already.

Powells Book Store. YOWSER, that place is big.
And like you were surprised. I mean it was directly across the street from Powells. ;)

Henry made me promise to take Panda.

Dinner with my Summer & Toby. Poor Scott got sick and retired early, which just meant I got to stay late and talk. And talk. And laugh. And Toby tried to make me drink. But I don't like gin. And we talked some more. And laughed at Toby's music. Oh man. Aside from Scott not being there, it was a GREAT night. A favorite for sure.

Uber cute B&B (our first). C'est La Vie Inn. So so so so cute.



A telephone booth? in Eugene? Yup, happy dance.
Black bottom cupcake. To-Die-For.

Don't be misled, MUCH begging and pleading and groveling went into that expression being made by my husband that I made stand in an alley. For the sake of a picture.
Some junking. And yes. That came home with me (in Scott's suitcase ;).

Best OJ of my life. And an altogether DELICIOUS breakfast at the hipster-ish breakfast joint in Eugene. And there we were. Dressed in our wedding finery. Sticking out like sore thumbs amongst the college hipsters and tattooed parents. Definitely a memory, right babe? Love.

Wedding!! Even more awesome food. (I know. I REALLY like to eat on vacation)

And an early flight home to catch Easter with our boys.
All we had left was a dead car battery in the LAX parking lot, a AAA jump, a drive thru, a stop at wal-mart for a battery that apparently we didn't end up needing, ant infested Easter baskets, naps with my boys, crazy egg hunts with our family. Awesome (tiring) weekend.
It was just all SO good.
The end.
4 comments:
Powells bookstore is probably one of my most favorite places on earth. So glad you guys had a good vacay. And I like to eat on vacation, too. Who doesnt??
GREAT photos! I'm new here... love the feel of your site so far! I'm off to check out some more posts. Thought I'd say hi rather than lurk around. :) Have a great week, sugar! xo
sigh. it was over too quickly. BUT so glad we had time for a little dinner and chatting. I'm serious about a road trip to Cali...it. must. happen. <3 <3 <3
hehee. you make me smile SO big. a lot. and now i want to go to oregon. greeaaaaat.
Post a Comment