Wednesday, August 08, 2012

About to lose my mind

Up in here, up in here.

No joke.

Ever have one of those weeks (er, months?!) that seem to just wear on you?

The tears and tantrums over weighing the positives. The sweet times very drastically darkened by the shadow of the ugly?
Sin people. Sin in it's ugly, raw self. From the mouths of babes. In the hearts of parents. Both crying out in frustration.

It's seasons in my life such as this that clinging, grasping, thirsting for my Savior reaps it's rewards.
Does it make every thing better/perfect? Is it some fix-all band aid that miraculously heals wounds the second they happen? Do I screw up less?

No.
Hardly.

But it is the restoring salve. Apply daily, and watch as it heals; as it transforms. The wounds of self-doubt and frustration turning over into that of victory in your identity and portion in the Lord. He is my all. He is enough. What He is growing and nurturing and pruning in me will hurt, but it will make me stronger.
And not stronger for me, but stronger for Him. Which I sometimes forget. He's not working in me to make ME better, happier, healthier, richer etc. He is working in ME because He wants to use me (ME?!) for HIS kingdom.
Because through Him, I can move mountains and ford streams.

Even if those mountains and streams are in the form of laundry and tears.

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. 
Psalm 73:26

Amen.

6 comments:

Barbie said...

I needed that. Thanks! Sometimes I get so consumed in my own (worry, pride, thoughts, frustrations) that I forget they aren't even MINE! Change my heart, oh God!

katygirl said...

girl. i haven't read blogs in a week. i don't even know how i ended up at yours. i literally feel like the life has been squeezed out of me this week. i just have nothing left. i have cried so many tears this week, i don't even know if mascara is worth it anymore. thank you for turning it back to jesus.

also. please take word verification off your comments. i am texting you right now. haha

lorieloo said...

@katygirl.

Wow. You still wear make up?

I gave up on that a month ago.

love you. thanks for being real.

and Barbie, welcome to the club of it's all about ME. ha. and by me I mean HIM ;)

molly june. said...

amen!

ps. girl you can WRITE! i like it when you do :)

bandofbrothers said...

love this post! keep reaching for Him. He will never let you down. He is everything to me and more. and MORE!

Olive Oyl said...

i feel like the tears and tantrums this week in my house have been 95% mine and 5% Swee'Peas.

Yikes.

Enjoy your time with your sweet boys (all of them!) this next week. I hope you come back feeling refreshed and energized and relaxed. :)

Love you sister.