Tuesday, September 18, 2012

on Saturday

A five year old woke up in my house.


He woke up at the crack of dawn, per his usual. I heard them turn on the tv at 6 am.
I croaked in my morning voice for Henry to come to our room.
He came in, thinking he was in trouble for getting up early.
He walked over to my side of the bed and I smiled.

"Are you bigger today? How does it feel to be 5?"

A smile crept across his face.

"Am I five now mommy? Now? I'm five now?! Why isn't my voice different?"

(for the last month leading up to his birthday, everything we encountered that required him to be older or taller etc he would say, yes, when I'm five, regardless of my explanations about various ages and accopmlishments, always, in his head he thought everything in life would be achieved at the age of 5:)

We started our morning with birthday donuts including candles. Then off we hustled to our big tri-birthday celebration for our  three, sweet five year olds.


(Confused? Read about our crazy-baby-exploding-2007 year in my archives. In a nutshell there were four babies born within three months in our family. 2 on September 15th, 1 on September 20, and the last on November 17th. It was a crazy good year.)

Also? The title of Henry's birthday could be Ninjago, Ninjago and more Ninjago.





































It was such a sweet celebration for our kids and the best part? We made it home in time for everyone to take a nap.
Hallelujah!
and Amen!

3 comments:

carol grams said...

LOVE!

Jessica said...

happy birthday henry!! party looks amazing.

molly june. said...

SO FUN! such a cute lil' family :)

and what the heck is ninjago? i must be a mom of all girls.