slowly ticking through all the things that (praise the Lord) were not wrong with me.
He turned another page, paused, looked up at me,
"This says your pregnant. Did you know you are pregnant?"
gulp.
"um, NO"
I fumbled through my brain for a last cycle date. There had been one, sorta? I had chalked the inconsistency of it up to wacko hormones. Hormones that now the doctor were telling me were normal, well, you know, for in the range of pregnancy.
A smile crept to my face.
Shock,
but joy.
I have struggled numerous times in my heart over a third pregnancy.
My husband has had his heels dug in, hesitant.
I have prayed and cried. Waiting, not always very patiently.
And then, one day this summer his tune was changed. He spent a weekend in Mexico serving the Lord and came home sure of our next step. Of course there were a few hiccups in the road, my health being the main stumbling block, along with weddings already booked for next year. We shared our decision to wait, God willing, for the New Year.
So this sweet little thing. God knew this was our time.
When I laid on the ultrasound table in order to finalize when it came to be and when we would meet this most perfect gift, I again, was shocked.
Disneyland with my family.
A handful of birthdays and parties.
A trip to the beach.
A trip to LA and that hot date at Disneyland. (and uh, EVERY ROLLERCOASTER IN THE PARK!)
More family sessions then I can count.
Falling down a mountain after a two year old.
A road trip to Bob Dylan with my honey.
Our annual camping trip to the beach for Halloween.
And all along our little baby grew and grew, us being completely unaware, but it being fully protected by our God Who already knows it's name, knows every hair on its head, already loves it more then I can fully grasp. A blessing we are humbled and grateful for.
And we are FULL of Thanksgiving.
This dress did nothing to hide my little 7 week bulge (And lets be honest, left overs from my boys ;)
Oh and helllllo Mollys room! ;)
Our little 9 week nugget, coming in June!







12 comments:
Awk!! So excited for you! No wonder you've been feeling "off". Can'r want to see what fabrics you select for the nursery. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
So happy for you guys, Lorie!
CONGRATS!!!! so happy for you...i think a phone call is in order...can't wait to see you in person and see your little baby bump.
I kind of wondered if you were when we hiked after you made your announcement. And you were talking then so much about wanting another! So excited for you! Yay!
you are the cutest.
and i've been drooling for some wooden people. i love yours. the scarf, lol. but i'm saving for a couch, poo.
and FINALLY a blog post. sheeeeeeesh girl. i thought you were dropping off the planet fo shiz. welcome back.
Love! So excited for you! :)
I love how God is crazy in control and loves to surprise us!
oh man. seriously, seriously, seriously excited. and so incredibly thankful that God has given you this, especially after that talk we had at your house that one morning. Ever since then I've been praying and hoping for another Chambless baby soon!!
God is good, so very good. :)
I need to see you so I can touch your belly.
yeah yeah yeah for a new niece or nephew. can't wait to meet you, little one!
eeeeeeee!!! i am so super excited!!
a BABY! a BABY! and a perfect little announcement for the world. i love you. and that baby. so, so much.
:)
This was beautiful. So very beautiful.
I just opened my reader after months of no home internet. Of course I was already excited about your news but I loved reading this post and getting some extra details. I am so so excited. Dreaming about how I can be a part of it, even from a distance.
Post a Comment