He awoke this morning at 8:30, still whiny, but in a "I'm hungry and want it right now" whine. His fever had broke and I was relieved.
Here we are several hours later, and after a call to the nurse, his fever is back. He has an appetite and has been downing lots of liquids (thankfully!) but he's just not well. I think it's time to call the nurse again. Ugh.
I so wanted to enjoy this blustery wintry day. The drizzly rain, the mournful rainy music on pandora, editing and enjoying the big fluffy rain clouds out my window. So I will, while he sleeps, as long as I possibly can.
During the brief time this morning when I thought we were on the up and up, he enjoyed his first box of crayons. Okay, actually they're his daddy's box of crayons. I think he has had them since before we were married. Henry patiently would pull one or two or several out. Inspect them. Put them back. Pull out more. So cute to observe. I love this boy. How much he's growing. How much he's developing. And while the bad days have out numbered the good of late, the good moments far surpass the bad.
9 comments:
Poor little guy. I hope he is rid of whatever he's fighting soon.
Poor lil' boy! =( But yes, those pics of him and his new crayons are ultra precious! I hope he feels better soon so Mommy can enjoy her Boy again soon!
geesh, my girls are fighting the exact same thing over here...fevers with no other symptoms :/ they definitely have that sick look in their eyes, but they want to eat & drink & what not. so sad. i feel your pain over here :) prayers to you & lil' henry!
so sorry that Henry is under the weather:( we were at the docs office today for ollie's 18 month check up and we were looking to see if you were going to come too! No shots this time, yay! and I cannot believe how carefully and fastidiously Henry is playing with those crayons! Very impressive.
Poor little sick boy... :(
I can't believe he isn't eating the crayons. That is Sam's favorite thing to do. :)
oh, you're little boy is ADORABLE! I'm quite partial to red hair. :) Hope he feels better soon!
Poor sweet Henry. I hope he feels allll better soon! You hang in there, mama. :)
oh, welcome to the world of crayons! yay!
I wonder if he will be a tracer or an actual artist!! hee hee!!
Poor poor little Henry, but poor mother too! It is so hard to see your baby feeling so helpless, I am so sorry =( Hang in there he will be back to himself soon!
Post a Comment