Sunday, August 30, 2009

a first

So yesterday was a day of firsts.

It was my first time shooting a wedding in Paso Robles.
It was my first time shooting at a vineyard.
It was my first time using my new friend Michelle as my second shooter.
It was my first (and last) time shooting a wedding almost seven and half months pregnant.
It was the first time Marc and Shannon were not just Marc and Shannon, but were husband and wife.

But another big first for me?

Having my uber cute husband along as my assistant.



The plan was for him to drive, carry my stuff, help me switch out lenses and cameras, and most importantly, bring me water.
That's right. I had my very own chauffeur/baggage handler/water boy. And it was awesome.

But don't let him fool you.



Because he might just disappear for awhile with a camera and turn up shots like this.





The whole night Scott kept asking me if I'd seen the "dancing cowboy"...it wasn't until I uploaded all the files last night that I knew what he meant. I mean seriously, those are some serious moves.


And my favorite of his...



Scott you are amazing. I love you. Thank you for smiling through the heat, and warming my heart each and every time you smiled at me from across the reception. Yesterday was so much more than I ever thought it could be having you there.

13 comments:

bandofbrothers said...

HA! I'm LOVIN' that dancing cowboy. Pretty much would have made my day to see that.

I'm glad you survived! I prayed for you yesterday, that you and Michelle would be ok in that heat!

Mama2 said...

That's my boy. Always paying attention in his quiet manner. Then boom! He has learned some incredible talent. You know he's been watching and learning from you.

katygirl said...

i think you look beautiful in your new header!

Anonymous said...

Watch out girl...I think you've got some competition! :) That night shot is amazing. What a beautiful venue! I would also like to say that I think you are amazing for shooting a wedding while 7 1/2 months pregnant. Seriously. Amazing!

Kara Haushalter said...

What a great team you guys make...do I see a new venture for the two of you?? Gorgeous!

See Sherm Blog said...

Oh my goodness. That is totally my goal to have Kyle shoot with me. Even just to hold my equipment and keep me company. But I'd love to get a camera in his hands. But where do I start or find the time to teach him... considering he knows nothing about photography.

One can dream.

Glad you survived the heat of that wedding.

Nathan and Nicole said...

Oh my goodness. I'm in love with your new banner. You are one gorgeous pregnant lady. Great job Ellie!

Emily said...

This was a sweet post and made me tear up a little. Your husband sure sounds so great, supportive, and look at him go with his sneaky talent! He took great photos, esp the one of the whole wedding sitting at the table and of course the cowboy!

Talia said...

wow, go Scott!! Those pictures are GREAT!

and oh, how fun that you got to have him there. Almost like a date!! But with pictures! And people dancing!

I'm glad you made it through your last preggy wedding. :)

.jimaie.marie. said...

i don't know why but this made me tear up!! TOTALLY unexpected.
The adoration you have for each other is almost tangible, i can hear in your words how much you love your husband and the two of you are SO blessed to have each other :)
FANTASTIC shots by Scott! You may just have yourself a professional team!! That last shot is STUNNING! And of course I love the one he captured of you shooting the bride and groom, he just couldn't take his eyes off you could he? ;D
I am LOVING this location!!

carol grams said...

I'm so proud of both of you! makes my heart sing! I love him sneaking off...so Scott...tracer and copier!! HA!

Home2K9 Pack Leader said...

Three cheers for helpful husbands!!! Way to go Scott, your pics are awesomesauce!!!

Mommy Diffee said...

First of all ... you look stunning in your pregie pics, seriously gorgeous!

Second, GO SCOTT! Those are some seriously amazing pictures! Boy has some tallent!

The wedding looks like it was amazing also =)