An hour earlier than he needed to.
Which worked out good, since Henry still thinks 5:30 is an appropriate time to start his day.
I had major relapse in pain starting last night and restarted taking my pain meds this morning after being "sober" for 4 days.
While I nursed for the zillionth time Henry went to wash his hands.
I didn't realize (cause I'm SO tired) that he never came back until I was done nursing.
What I discovered was a flooded bathroom.

(soaked rug, soaked toilet paper both on the roll and under the sink. soaked towels under the sink. soaked floor. drawer full of water. water on the walls. water on the door. water sitting in pools all over the counter. water water EVERYWHERE.)
Because apparently it's fun to fling water all over THE ENTIRE BATHROOM.
I put him in his bed telling him he was on time out.
He started crying.
Ben started crying because apparently the nursing didn't satisfy him (even though it's now the 4th time I've nursed him since midnight).
All the nursing is really helping the whole pain relapse. Cause now I hurt EVERYWHERE.
I warmed up some breast milk from the fridge for a bottle.
I went to start cleaning up the water. Was sort of afraid there weren't enough towels in our house to mop it all up.
Had to take pictures of the water because you, I do that sort of thing. But stopped after the second picture because I could hear dripping and couldn't figure out where it was coming from.
Called Scott in a panic, asking how to shut off the water.
Spent 20 minutes mopping up water.
Finally let Henry out of his bed after a stern talking to (right, cause I'm SURE he understood/comprehended/learned his lesson.blerg)
Changed him out of his soaking wet pj's.
He promptly ran to the kitchen to finish his cereal.
And by finish I mean threw it on the floor for Roxie to eat it all.
Discovered a horrifically huge black spider climbing up my cabinets.
Smooshed said spider.
Gave Ben a bath in the sink because it's been a couple days and he was starting to stink like breast milk.
And not in a good way.
Henry has whined unending for something to eat.
"um may I remind you that you THREW YOUR BREAKFAST ON THE FLOOR?!"
Might have yelled out loud "Henry you're driving ME CRAZY!" more than once.
Henry pooped.
Ben cried.
Roxie continued to lick every last morsel from the kitchen floor.
I closed my eyes and in my head sung "Lord I need you, every minute of the day..."
And did I mention that I have to be at the doctors at 10:30 for Ben's circumcision?
And I'm totally panicking about it because he's so old it's going to hurt him more, but we couldn't have really done it sooner because of his size. I didn't exactly feel good about circumcising a less than 5 pound baby. But I feel SO bad for him.
But tonight, TONIGHT is my mantra. If I can just survive until tonight.
But more on that later.
Somehow, somehow, I will survive this day.
13 comments:
omgoodness. I would have pulled out my hair, but you blogged and let us all peak in at you. =) And thanks for reminding me to sing a little song in my head instead of screaming out loud when frustrations get the best of me. I hope and pray your day gets better. I'll also pray for little Ben, and for YOU, as you take him in for his little procedure. =(
geez freakin' louize! & all before 9am?! i've had such a similar week! must be in the air. i'll be praying for lil' ben's circumcision right about now. & your sanity. geesh, this day hasta get better for you friend! i hope it does! you cuuun dooo it!!
ok, know you are having the world's most horrific morning, but your recap of it was hilarious. hang in there mama!
here's hoping to a fantastic night..and a mellow morning tomorrow :)
BUT...they sure are cute!
Oh, for a minute there I thought I was reading a book about my own life! LOL! I hear you girl!
Love ya and praying for ya!
Yoi! Sounds like a rough morning. I always feel like "those" types of mornings happen on the days where I'm most exhausted. Hopefully nap time will provide you with some much needed Lorie time. Tonight is all about you, girly! At least you have something to look forward to. :)
been there done that! Side note...I love the colors of your bathroom!
i agree with outnumbered.... Hello amazing bathroom. please understand that i WILL be mimicing a version of this somewhere.
also - you are amazing, and are getting it done! pulling out your hair, but you are amazing.
oooooooh those days are the WORST. Sounds like you handled it with much more grace than I could have. heh. I hope your day got better... after the little snip...yeow! Your boys are CRAZY adorable!! :)
That is a crazy morning! I hope it got better as the day went on. I heard a little about your shower from Angela. I'm sure it was fantastic!
those He calls, He equips!! <33
i just stumbled upon your blog a few minutes ago - wanted to say what great photos you take! i'm looking forward to reading past posts. congrats on your new addition! your kids are adorable!
sounds like an incredibly chaotic morning. it's times like that i'm amazed my husband doesn't come home to find my huddled in a corner, hugging my knees and rocking while muttering nonsense. and i only have one baby to contend with! kudos to you for finding humor in the madness. cheers!
oh my goodness, i am so sorry you're having days like this but OH MY GOSH was your recap hilarious.
There have been quite a few days when my bathroom looks like the above mentioned (altho i must say, your bathroom is MUCH cuter!! Is it creepy of me to say that I would love a house tour? yes? ok well then nevermind)
what in the world is it with boys and water?! I'll never figure it out.
Post a Comment