My parents showed up at 8:00 sharp to take Henry boy to Disneyland. Oh boy was that kid excited to go all by himself.

(forgive the frightening face grandad made)
Ben wasn't feeling great (i.e. would do nothing but throw himself on the floor and cry) so I put him down for an early nap and called the pediatrician to set up an appointment.
My mind whirled with all the possibilities I could do with this free time.
Work?
Clean?
Groom myself?
Sew?
Paint?
Work?
Plant?
Eat?
I was giddy with indecision.
I quickly (times a wasting people!) decided to tackle one of the many paint projects I set up for myself this spring.
(I've yet to accomplish any of them btw ;)

I attacked the boys room, aka, the former nursery. I painted the bottom half first in case little mister woke up, figuring I could paint the top half with him awake and wouldn't have to worry about little fingers in wet paint.
I got the entire bottom done and Ben was still asleep. I had to wake him up to go to the doctor. A diagnosis of an ear infection, a sucker and script for antibiotics and we were off to run around downtown.

I walked through an antique store I hadn't walked through in ages, if ever.
And instead of driving the three blocks to the five and dime I pulled out our stroller and walked.
The breeze was cool, the weather feeling more like February rather than the middle of May.

***Meanwhile, at Disneyland: Henry rode Rocketships and Autopia and then devoured a cheeseburger. He was in heaven.

I got to poke through TWO more antique stores before Ben was wearing out (And I seriously needed to stop finding treasures!).
I scored TWO globes bringing my grand total collection to three.
I found a doily and paint by number picture for baby boy nephew.
I scored a few other things but those are hush-hush top secret.

We hurried home and Ben boy was already needing another nap and so I tackled the rest of the room.

I listened to my Mumford&Sons station on Pandora and listened to the soft falling rain as I painted.
Heavenly combination I tell ya.

I sent hubs to the store for a few things on his way home. That man can not be trusted at the grocery store by himself. He came home with two different kinds of chips and three boxes of sugar cereal ;) The good news is that he relinquished me from dinner duty. (But lets just be honest, he wanted to eat three bowls of sugar cereal)

***Meanwhile, at Disneyland: Grams & Grandad took Henry over to Tom's Sawyers island. Where they promptly lost him. (three cheers for grandparents of the year! ;) Not that they should have a hard time finding their little pirate, don't all pirates head towards their plunder?

Then they bumped into Henry's cousin/BF who was ALSO there with his grandparents.
So a ride on the teacups together was in order.

Scott left to go work at his brothers house, I washed out my brushes and played with Ben.

The day turned to evening and here I am, still in my paint clothes.
The hum and drum of the laundry going, a messy kitchen that needs desperate attention, a boy asleep in the car on the way home from the happiest place on earth.
Twas a great day for all.
Thank you Lord for the good, the simple, the sweet times; when we're together, and when we're not.
3 comments:
Lorieloo, I love the wainscot! I might need to copy you for my boys' room...and I love that you framed the window! Glad you got to go on a treasure hunt...that is the best!
--K
I miss you guys so much and am so jealous of your day. I can't wait for summer vacation.
glad you had some time to yourself. I'm sure those chances are few and far between.
Post a Comment