Their imaginations growing like the weeds I neglect to water. That's the most amazing thing. To see something develop that wasn't there a day ago; that I'm mystified about how it came to be.
Henry's current obsession with bad guys and putting them in jail and talking about jail and police men and such. I love it and am surprised by it and revel in his innocence on the subject. His black and white approach to good and evil. How I pray he clings to these. To separate dark from light, and fleeing from the dark. Which, for awhile, shouldn't be an issue as anything dark is his number one fear. His Darth Vader flash light is never far from his side. Oh how I love that kid.
Benjamin. In the throws of two year tantrums and behavior issues. Sweet as pie one minute, with his dimples getting him away with far too much, and then screaming, crying, kicking, his way through defiance. I forgot how hard this stage is. To be consistent. Which is so incredibly important. And exhausting. Last weekend on our camping trip, while dealing with his behavior, my all time favorite moment of the weekend was the first night and his terror filled cries from the train thundering through our campsite. The result being his little body snuggled up next to mine. His little head on my shoulder. His soft little snore. Heaven I tell you.
My life is swept up in editing and cleaning, and wiping and drying, food prep or in some cases, not prepping. Peoples faces in my camera, both professionally and the mundane adventures of life. Moments with my boys I want to bottle up and never forget. Others I pray will end sooner than later. Trying to remember my first love in all things. That the Lord deserves far more than I give Him, which fills me with such guilt and shame. Humbly I come back to Him, again and again, on my knees. How thankful I am for my Savior.
New adventures are on our horizon as a family. Which in so many ways are an answer to prayer. I've been plagued with restlessness lately. The wanting and almost needing to spread my wings and experience new faces and places, all with my family of men in tow. I felt a bit trapped. And while this new way out is not something I could have pictured or expected, and many ways is very bittersweet, it is a way for this inner-gypsy in me to experience some unknown. I love that. For every now and then, the little bit of type A personality that is buried deep within overtakes the B majority and creates unhappiness in my heart. And while what we're embarking on will take planning and patience and perseverance, three things that I am NOT good at, it will remove a lot of my need for control. That little A, with nothing to be useful for, will hopefully then be quieted, if not tamed all together. I'm excited.
Sorry to be vague. But this blog really is for me ya know ;)
And to end on a fun note, in an attempt to keep my boys occupied one morning so I could get some work done, I stole this idea (From pinterest) Seriously, best use of $8 in painters tape EVER.

btw how creepy is roxie's face in the background?! ghost dog!!










annnnnd then we stopped for apples. crazy kid.
3 comments:
At reading time on Wednesday, I was starting at H and S and how grown up at handsome they were. Just so darn mature. Crazy how that happens.
We're entering the two-year-old tantrum stage and I am not excited.
New horizons...so exciting! I understand that restless feeling, and thought I went through a season of it, all the changes this year have definitely calmed it. I'm excited for you though...to hear what is in store for your family. The thoughts are swirling...
wait soo many corrections, *staring *and *though... my brain is still lost in my 6 periods of 11 year olds.
Post a Comment