Naive idiots we were.
The day actually was really fun. We met up with Coco and her family from up north at Firestone's and devoured my favorite burger of ALL time. My parents had been over at the coast for several days and were on their way home and stopped by Firestone to see us and bought Henry his first Cal-Poly hat as well. Then we went on to the beach where Sammy got to see, smell, hear, and touch the ocean for the first time. Henry is not a fan of bright sun. I seriously think I need to buy that kid some sunglasses. So he faced away from the water, spending all his time chewing on my camera cord and playing with his giraffe. He must be his fathers son.
Simple enough right?
It would have been, had Henry not woken up 40 minutes into our 2 hour drive home and screamed THE WHOLE WAY HOME. One hour and and ten minutes my son screamed. He would stop for mere seconds, just long enough for Sam to calm down and fall asleep and then he would start back up with the screaming, scaring Sam, causing Sam to then chime into the wailing and crying. IT WAS HORRIBLE! Ten minutes from our house Henry finally passes out. When we get home we discover that he had pooped all up the back of his shirt. Scott actually thought we had spilled coffee on him because it was all over his shirt. No wonder he was unhappy. (And thus kicking off to our weekend of Poop. )
Needless to say, I was exhausted. And Christie, rightly so, needed a break from us for a few days. I'm sure someday soon we'll look back and laugh...but it might be a few more weeks...
I could not get over how beautiful it was.
Forget that my son is gagging himself on his camera strap...
check out that man meat in the background!
They walked by us several times.
I told Christie that they were totally turned on by how adorable our kids were.


10 comments:
I love, Love, LOVE the pic of Henry with his eyes shut...he totally looks like an old man!
And you're right...he MUST be his father's son with the fair skin and aversion to sunlight.
so,I am curious. Not being a mother myself (yet), but having changed enough poopy diapers duringmy babysitting days to have some idea....how the heck does he always get poop on his shirt? is he short and so his shirts are really long? Or is it just all liquidly and when he leans against it, it goes everywhere? I am dumbfounded and would love an answer :>)???
Mmmm k, I cannot believe you guys did this- I am SO IMPRESSED...especially knowing that windy road to Pismo/San Luis. You have a lot to brag about...even just that you made it home smiling. = )
We weren't taking a break from you... we just couldn't hear for a few days... :) theheheh can't wait until next spring break so the boys will actually enjoy the beach. And they will be big enough that their tend won't be blown over! :)
so hilarious that Henry faced away from the water and chewed on your strap instead. Sounds like something Ollie would do. The field pics in his star wars shirt are adorable! And love how the pier looks via fisheye.
ah, slo, my home away from home. and hello, henrys beach outfit is way too cute. and man meat, HA!...hhaha! i cant wait to meet you guys!
These are so precious! Henry has some of the best facial expressions ever. I love them.
This post made me laugh! But wasn't it all worth it when you see the pics?? Maybe I should ask again in a week or too! I thought of you today as Grady had the poopiest diaper I have ever changed in my life. Head to toe poop I tell you. Geesh.
Great self-portraiture. Henry's been having some poop issues lately - poor guy! I'd scream all the way home too... :o(
yay! I was wondering where on earth these photos were after you told me about this trip ... I assume this is the trip... eh? Either way .. minus the drive home ;) .. it looks like it was fun!
Post a Comment